Lazeez is a casual dining restaurant specialized in delicious & authentic Indian flavors especially the Awadhi Cuisine. I had a chance to visit Lazeez as part of the Exclusive Zomato event. Lazeez recently opened its doors at the Wasl Square in Dubai. They do have a branch in Abu Dhabi as well. The ambiance is lovely and the lighting is just perfect. Well my experience at Lazeez was amazing and I must say they have the best authentic Indian dishes with the perfect flavor and aroma. I tried almost all their signature dishes.
- Mint Lime with basil seeds: This drink was so invigorating.
- Blueberry Smoothie: Thick and delightful. The presentation was great.
Salads: For the salads, I tried the Quinao Raisins Salad, Organic Burgul Salad, Energizer Diet Salad, Anar Raita.
- Palak masala Roomali: This was something unique I had ever seen and tried. This was a papad version of crispy spinach enriched roomali roti topped with onion, tomato,cucumber, green chillies, coriander and chat masala. This is a Lazeez signature dish and a must try.
- Subzi Samosa: Pastry packets stuffed with mixed potatoes, vegetables, cashew nuts and spices is my all-time favorite.
- Murg Zatari Tikka: This dish come with a small live grill on your table with skewers of chicken marinated with cream, yogurt,giner, garlic paste and enhanced with Zatar herbs.
- Lazeez special foil Chicken: this is another Lazeez signature dish. Morsels of chicken marinated in green herbs and spices, cheese is chargrilled and served piping hot wrapped in a aluminum foil.
- Murgh Harimirch Seekh: This dish had a perfect combination of fresh herbs and green chillies. This is a skewered minced chicken chargrilled dish is a Lazeez signature dish.
- Gosht Kakori Kabab: An Awadh Specialty, this dish is prepared from freshly ground mutton mince mixed with garam masala, saffron and an intense flavor of cloves, gently grilled.
- Lasooni Paneer Tikka: their paneer tastes so well because the paneer is freshly prepared in their kitchen and is not the one that is readily available in the supermarkets. The paneer was fresh, marinated with herbs and enhanced with garlic and chargrilled.
- Kastori Malai Brocolli: I back out when I see Brocolli, but my experience at Lazeez made me want eat more of their Malai Brocolli. The broccoli was marinated in fresh mint chutney and cream and enhanced with fresh fenugreek leaves and was chargrilled to perfection.
- Blaster Prawns: Prawns marinated in homemade spices and deep fried to a crispy, crunchy perfection.
- Sikandari Raan; A Lazeez signature dish. This dish was something new to me.Tender baby lamb leg marinated in exotic herbs and spices and special masala cooked overnight on a slow fire.
- Murgh Pardanasheen: This dish was something new to me. Classic grilled chicken marinated in traditional spices oven baked to perfection in a sealed pastry pocket.
- Murgh Achari Tikka Masala: Chunks of chicken cooked in cashew nut and red chilies based gravy.
- Gosht Banjara: Tender mutton pieces cooked with whole spices on low fire cooked to perfection.
- Subzi Patiyala: A roll made of finely chopped, cottage cheese, green peas, carrots, capsicum, cabbage cut into pieces laced with smooth creamy gravy of spinach and onion paste.
- Black Dal: Black Lentil in Red chilies based curry tempered with Cumin.
For the love of Biryani:
There were 6 kinds of Biryani’s but unfortunately, I could taste only one after all the starters and the main course dishes I had J Lazeez is known for their biryanis and they have around 40 varieties of biryanis in vegetarian and non-vegetarian. I tasted the Gosht Hyderabadi Biryani and I totally loved it. The aroma of the Indian spices and the meat perfectly cooked in those spices was a hit.
- Bharwan mushroom Biryani
- Sum Murg Mumtaz Biryani
- Subzi Chatpati Bombay Biryani
- Gosht Hyderabadi Biryani
- Salmon Quinao Biryani
- Atish-E-Jhinga Biryani
Even after such a heavy meal, I made sure I kept room for the desserts. I tasted the Matka Phirni, Chenna Rabdi, Kulfi and Angoori Rabdi. The desserts were splendid and was a perfect end to the Lazeez food journey.
The prices are very economical and their portions are great. Visit Lazeez to indulge in the authentic Indian cuisine and you won’t regret!
Where: Shop # 48, Wasl Square, opposite Safa Park, Dubai
Timings: 12 noon to 12 midnight
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog are based on my own thoughts, knowledge and experiences.