Nando’s is famous for its legendary butterfly-cut flame-grilled Peri-Peri Chicken. Nando’s is Afro-Portuguese inspired food and the restaurants have their own special designs with earthy textures and colors that takes back to the Afro-Portuguese roots. They play some cool Afro-Luso beats which gives a good vibe.
I visited the Nando’s in Dubai festival city mall which is located at the waterfront area. The restaurant is lively and has a huge dining space. They have an outdoor seating where you can watch the water fountain and light shows. Delicious with almost anything, Nando’s range if Peri-Peri sauces combine flavor with varying degrees of hear that will satisfy a Peri-Peri beginner all the way to a fiery heat-seeker. Nando’s have 5 different kinds of sauces namely Lemon & Herb which is extra mild, Mild Peri, Medium Peri, Hot Peri and Double Hot Peri. I always go with the Mild Peri and the Lemon Herb Peri Sauce.
- 3 Chicken Wings: 3 Chicken wings tossed in the sauce of your choice. I chose the Mild Peri Peri sauce and I must say the wings were succulent.
- ½ Chicken: For a real hands-on experience try the ½ chicken. Mild Sauce and perfectly cooked chicken.
- Peri-Peri Wedges: Potato wedges tossed in tangy-spicy powder
- Spicy Rice: Yellow rice cooked with Jalapenos and spices. Wasn’t spicy as expected!
- Garlic Bread: Toasted garlic Bread which was delicious.
- Chargrilled Veggy: Mix veggies chargrilled and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Espetada: Boneless Chicken chargrilled and placed on a skewer with capsicum and onion cubes. This was delicious.
- Choc’olate Lovin Spoon Cake: Layered chocolate cake overloaded with chocolaty goodness.
The food was delightful. The service was a bit slow and had to wait for long just for the server to attend to our table which put me off. Overall great experience.
Where: Dubai Festival City Mall, Ground Floor
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are based on my own thoughts, knowledge and experiences.